You may not be able to envision living in a tiny space all the time but I think everyone can get on board with a small getaway cabin! Images of dreamy cabins are popping up everywhere right now with the advent of sites like Cabin Porn! Already a big fan of the tiny house movement, I am 100% on board with this trend. It certainly fuels dreams of having a tiny cabin of my own.....on the water....with a BIG hammock!
I think people are more willing to embrace small cabins vs. small homes because of the following:
1. It's a second "home" so having a simpler and smaller place makes it more affordable.
Food for thought: What could you afford if your home was also simpler and smaller?
2. Being at a cabin usually means spending a lot of time outdoors. You're probably either skiing, swimming, or hiking for most of the day!
Food for thought: You also spend most of your day at the office (or somewhere other than home).......
3. Being in nature inspires a deeper connection with the earth and therefore a more sustainable way of living.
Food for thought: Living with a sustainable focus all the time would make a difference.
4. Spending quality time with family and friends and doing activities you love is the focus.
Food for thought: This could always be a focus in your home.
5. You escape from the societal pressures of appearing wealthy.....this is your SECOND home after all....just having it makes you appear wealthy and everyone's so excited to come there that they could care less if they're sleeping in bunk beds!
Food for thought: What does true wealth mean to you? F*&% what anyone else thinks!!!
And with that, here are some tiny cabins that will set your heart aflutter!
Find sources for these cabin images and more on my Pinterest page here!