Is your closet out of control? Does it stress you out every time you get dressed in the morning? It’s time to become…...The Closet Boss.
Think of your closet as your own company in which you are the boss. This is a brand new start up and all of your current clothing, hats, and shoes have to be interviewed before getting “hired” at your company.
You can’t hire everyone because there is only a certain amount of space in the company. Only the best candidates should be hired to represent you. The following method will help you carefully consider what each candidate brings to the table. Be ruthless in your selections.
1. Is the candidate a good fit?
2. Does the candidate represent the projected image of the company?
3. Does the candidate work well with others?
4. Is the candidate missing any key credentials…..Say the other sock in the pair?
5. Did the candidate show up for the interview with stains and rips?
6. Is the candidate a seasonal employee? If they are a quality candidate, keep their resume on file and store them away properly until hiring for summer.
After the selection process, some resumes will be trashed and some may be passed on to other business owners who are looking for their particular skill sets (donate, give away, or sell).
Once you have hired the best candidates you will need to give them the proper tools to perform. Everyone should be given the proper hanger and should be put into teams (categories of your choosing like colour or function). Knits are “top shelf employees” and should be folded to prevent disfiguration.
After the initial hire, new employees should only be hired when needed and only when your company has room in the budget. Your company has to remain organized and profitable to succeed!
You will notice lots of benefits when you become the boss and take charge of your closet. Less maintenance costs (cleaning), less time wasted (organizing, ironing, folding), easier decisions every time you get dressed, and less stress!
Take charge and be the boss!