When I am searching for clients I like to keep a list of my favourites that I might want to use in the future. They might not be right for that particular project but it will save me time later. I have probably looked through a thousand lamps in the last couple of days. Here are my top 10 lamps of the moment. Hopefully you can find your favourite in this curated list!
Neutrals are the best! They're one of the easiest palettes to work with because they all go together! The only thing you have to watch for are the undertones. Try to stick to either cool or warm tones within the room. Above is a neutral living room concept I have been working on lately. Do neutrals calm your spirit? Get the look below.
1. This HBC wool blanket is a classic. A warm addition to any room!
2. This jacquard leaf pillow in slate is a nice contrast against the white sofa. Grab one of these from West Elm!
3. This white Ikea couch is a comfortable choice that won't break the bank!
4. Stick with a dark hardwood for a nice contrast in the room. Check out your local flooring stores or contact a designer to find you the perfect floor!
5. Add a little texture with this side table from West Elm. It can be moved around easily for a drink or book or could even double as an extra seat!
6. I always love geometric prints. Add some fun with a few of these honeycomb crewel pillows on the sectional sofa.
7. After having some of these Mongolian sheepskin pillows in my own home, I can honestly say they are the best! Not only do they add great texture but are so soft you just may find yourself stroking their lovely fur.
8. This Moroccan diamond shag rug adds the perfect touch of warmth and coziness to bring the room together.
9. This interesting chandelier makes a great focal point in the room. Place it over the seating area for a dramatic effect.
10. These white linen curtains add a soft touch to the room without taking away from the view!
11. This Alvin floor lamp would be a great addition for reading on the couch. It's height and position can be adjusted for any task.
12. I love this unique coffee table. The base design was inspired by Japanese origami and the bone-tile top is a lovely detail.
13. Moroccan poufs are the perfect extra seat when you have extra guests stopping by. They are a stylish addition to any room of the house.
The bedroom should be a serene and personal space. What better palette than the cool blues and greys of the west coast. Throw in some brass elements, textures like Mongolian sheep skin, geometric patterns, and quirky art, and you have a great space to unwind at the end of the day.
Want this space for yourself? here's how:
1. Two of these Jonathan Adler side tables would be great on either side of the bed.
2. Place one of these beautiful Canaan table lamps on each side table for reading lamps.
3. This Prisma wall decor would be fun on one side of the bed above the side table or on both sides if you like.
4. This velvet tufted headboard from Urban Outfitters is both comfortable and interesting.
5. Place this 9' x 12' geometric rug from West Elm under the bed for some warmth and a pop of colour.
6. This Sea Animal print from Anthropologie would be fun above the other side table beside the bed or on both sides instead of the Prisma wall decor (3).
7. I would purchase two of these amazing Mongolian sheep skin stools to place side by side at the end of the bed.
8. Place 2 of these fade out linen pillows on the bed as decorative pillows on plain white bedding.
9. Add one of these fun decorative pillows on top of the 2 fade out linen pillows on the bed.
10. Whales are fun. Why not throw this guy on top of the dresser or bed side table with some of your favourite reads.
11. Make a statement with this Astra Chandelier in the centre of the room.
12. These geometric Monte Mirrors from West Elm would be fantastic over the dresser.
13. This cool print should be placed above the reading chair in the corner of the room.
14. A great modern chair in a fun blue hue like this could be placed in the corner for reading.
15. Love this little brass hippo sculpture. Place him on top of the dresser for a quirky touch.
16. This would be a great dresser for extra storage in this room.
17. Install a wide plank grey oak floor in the room or better yet throughout the house!
18. This grey and white geometric pillow would look great on the blue side chair for extra comfort.